5 Key Benefits of a Massage Therapy Career
Are you thinking about pursuing a career as a massage therapist? New Concept Massage and Beauty School, a prominent beauty school in Miami, Florida, lists 5 benefits of a massage therapy career that might help cement your choice:
- Help others. Massage therapists provide an invaluable service to people who are experiencing chronic pain, are stressed out, or are recovering from injuries. Massage therapy is very relaxing. It can improve circulation, speed up the healing process, and restore emotional balance.
- Set your own hours. Many massage therapists are self-employed. This allows them to work according to their own schedule and convenience. Being able to set your own hours is a huge benefit for those who are considering becoming a massage therapist.
- Work in a relaxing environment. Massage therapists often spend their working hours in a serene, relaxing environment, surrounded by soft towels, soothing music, and scented candles. This ambiance makes it a relaxing experience, not just for the client, but for the massage therapist as well.
- Massage therapists are in high demand. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of massage therapists is projected to grow by as much as 26% from 2016 to 2026. This is because the benefits of massage therapy are becoming more widely recognized. New massage therapy jobs are constantly being created in different places, such as nursing homes, sports franchises, corporate offices, and more.
- Stay active. Do you want to have a career that keeps you active, instead of one that forces you to sit at a desk throughout the day? Being a massage therapist is definitely a good option for you. Massage therapists work on their feet and often engage their entire body when giving a massage. The work of a massage therapist can be physically demanding and, as a result, many massage therapists stay in great shape. Also, helping others achieve their optimal wellness can inspire you to work on your own health as well.
So, if you want to set your own hours, to work in a relaxing environment, to have a stable job, to stay physically active, and also have a passion for helping others, being a massage therapist is definitely the right career option for you!
New Concept Massage and Beauty School isn’t just a beauty school – we also offer comprehensive massage therapy training that will help you prepare for a career in this industry.